Use these links to learn about proposing to use the Green Bank Telescope.
- Most recent call for proposals: The official call for GBT proposals for the 2019B semester are available now.
- GBT Proposer’s Guide: Detailed information about the planning, writing, and submitting a GBT proposal, as well as in-depth information on instruments and capabilities.
- Proposal review and time allocation process
- Proposal Submission Tool: Port for submitting all proposals for the GBT and other AUI observatories (CAS log-in required).
- The Performance of the GBT: A Guide for Planning Observations: A quick overview of the performance of the GBT.
- GBT sensitivity calculator: A tool for calculating sensitivity and observing time for all GBT proposers, including pulsar proposers (CAS log-in required).
- GBT mapping calculator: A tool for planning and making maps with the GBT.
- Past proposal calls and reports
- Good calibration practices: Best practices for calibrating GBT spectral line data.
- VLBI on the GBT: Special information for very long baseline interferometry using the GBT.
- GBT Observer’s Guide – Detailed information about scheduling, observing tools, and additional information about instruments and observing modes
Proposers requesting GBT participation in High Sensitivity Array (HSA), Very Long Baseline Array (VLBA), or Global Millimeter Very Long Baseline Interferometry (GMVA) observations should consult the VLBA, HSA, and GMVA Proposal Call.