Nestled in the West Virginia mountains, astronomers are discovering answers to our most astounding scientific questions.
The Green Bank Observatory is:
- home of the Green Bank Telescope, the world’s largest fullest steerable radio telescope
- has many other state-of-the-art instruments
- is protected by two radio quiet zones
- is used by scientists and researchers around the world (including NASA!)
- trains the next generation of scientists, engineers, and technicians through award winning education programs