Welcome to the 11th annual Turkey Trot hosted by the Green Bank Observatory in beautiful Green Bank, WV!
November 25, 2017
Burn off that Thanksgiving Feast by racing our traditional 5K or our 10K trail run!
All proceeds of the Turkey Trot will support the Pocahontas County High School track team and the William Dilley Scholarship.
Both RUN races begin and end at the Green Bank Science Center on the NRAO campus. (The walk which will begin immediately after the 5K race starts is non-competitive.)
The 10K trail run is a fun mix of flats and hills with fields and wooded single track, offering behind-the-scenes views of new and historic telescopes and nature areas.
The 5K course follows paved site roads for the most part. Short sections are on well groomed trails. While you race, you will have a great view of our telescopes including the Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope (GBT), the world’s largest fully steerable dish!
- Races begin at 1:00 (10 K), and 1:10 pm (5 K Run/Walk).
- Age divisions for the RUN are 13 and under; 14-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60 and over.
- Prizes will be awarded to each divisional winner.
- An awards ceremony and post-race pizza and fellowship will finish out your afternoon.
Registration available beginning October 3, 2017 at RunReg.com
- $20.00 by Nov. 17, 2017 (guaranteed a t-shirt)
- $25.00 on race day (may not get a shirt)
- Race day registration starts at 11:30 am