Welcome to the 12th annual Turkey Trot
hosted by the Green Bank Observatory in beautiful Green Bank, WV!
November 30, 2019
Burn off that Thanksgiving Feast by racing our traditional 5K road race or our 10K trail run!
AND… a 1K Gobble Wobble for kids 8 and under and their parents!!!
All proceeds of the Turkey Trot will support the Pocahontas County High School track team and the William Dilley Scholarship.
Both RUN races begin and end at the Green Bank Science Center on the GBO campus. (The walk, which will begin immediately after the 5K race starts, is non-competitive.)
The 10K trail run is a fun mix of flats and hills with fields and wooded single track, offering behind-the-scenes views of new and historic telescopes and nature areas.
The 5K course follows paved site roads for the most part. Short sections are on well groomed trails. While you race, you will have a great view of our telescopes including the Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope (GBT), the world’s largest fully steerable dish!
- Races begin at 1:00 (Gobble Wobble), 1:15 (10 K), and 1:30 pm (5 K Run/Walk).
- Age divisions for the RUN are 13 and under; 14-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60 and over.
- Gobble wobble winner age categories will be decided race-day.
- Prizes will be awarded to each divisional winner.
- An awards ceremony and post-race pizza and fellowship will finish out your afternoon.
Registration available at RunReg.com
5 K and 10K Fees:
- $20.00 by Nov. 20, 2019 (guaranteed a t-shirt)
- $25.00 after November 20 (Deadline for online registration is November 28, 2019- may not get a shirt)
- $25.00 on race day (may not get a shirt)
- Race day registration starts at 11:30 am
Gobble Wobble Fees:
- $15.00 by November 20-guaranteed a t-shirt
- $15.00 after November 20- may not get a t-shirt