The most recent version of GBTIDL is available here: GBTIDL 2.10  (SourceForge.net)
Read the the release notes for GBTIDL 2.10  (external link)
Please register as a GBTIDL user . (external link)
You can download older versions of GBTIDL from the Sourceforge Downloads Page .
GBTIDL Installation Instructions
After downloading the most recent version of GBTIDL from this page, follow these instructions to install it.
- Create a directory for the installation and unzip the tar ball:
mkdir mygbtidl mv gbtidl-2.10.tar.gz mygbtidl/. cd mygbtidl gzip -d gbtidl-2.10.tar.gz tar -xvf gbtidl-2.10.tar
- Go to the newly created installation directory, ‘gbtidl’:
- Copy the file ‘run_gbtidl’ to ‘gbtidl’:
cp run_gbtidl gbtidl
- Edit the ‘gbtidl’ script to use the correct path to your installation of idl. For example:
- Edit the ‘gbtidl’ script to replace “PLACE_INSTALLATION_DIR_HERE” with the full path to the gbtidl executable script. For example, it should look something like this:
- Start GBTIDL:
You may wish to add the installation directory to your path.